How honoured do I feel today? It’s not often in life that you get told that you’re doing something well but today a lovely message dropped into my inbox that Lehorse http://365days3000km.wordpress.com/ has nominated me for 2 awards – the Versatile Blogger award (http://versatilebloggeraward.wordpress.com/) and the Very Inspiring Blogger award.
I can’t remember when I started following the man I know as Lehorse (he has a real name – take a look at his blog and you’ll find it!) but it was sometime this year – his challenge is to run at least 5km every day of 2013 and to get his total distance for the year to 3000km (which aparrently is 1864mi 199.88yd – either way it’s a lot) all in aid of the Karen Green Foundation http://www.karengreenfoundation.com/
It’s a fascinating blog to read (love the chalkboard updates) and now there’s a nutrition diary to follow – I wouldn’t dare do mine….. although his does feature quite a lot of chocolate!! He’s also been very helpful to me with suggestions and encouragement, the nomination means even more coming from someone I also find inspiring – so thank you!
Now there are a few rules that come with these awards and they are as follows.
The rules for these awards are:
1. Add The Versatile Blogger Award and Very Inspiring Blogger photos on a blog post – done – see above!
2. Thank the person (or animal) who presented you with the award and link back to him or her in your post. – Also done
3. Share seven things about yourself. see below
4. Pass the award along to 10 favorite bloggers. see even further below!
Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know about the award. as soon as this is done!
Seven things about me:
1. I love the colour pink – not clothes, but phone, ipad, vespa, hair (not now though, I miss it)
2. I majorly lack self confidence, people are always surprised by that – good at faking it, but not yet made it – thankfully I have some wonderful friends who take the time to remind me that I’m doing ok
3. Not sure I could live life without chocolate – milk/dark/white
4. I can do a Turkish get up with a 10kg kettlebell – not gracefully but I can do it!
5. I spent 9 months doing stand up comedy
6. I don’t like milk or bananas but wish I did, means I don’t like 2 major running foods porridge or bananas
7. I break bones on my second morning out when skiing in Europe but not in North America (I’ve not been skiing this year so I don’t break anything and can run the marathon!)
My Favorite 10 Bloggers and please do check them out
(I’m not sure if they’re meant to be wordpress blogs but I’m sneaking in one that isn’t, also this has taken me ages and really I’d love to post all the blogs I follow as I follow everyone that I find interesting/inspiring and usually both)
1. http://www.nachthawk.wordpress.com – fellow runner and garmin lover
2. http://www.bemytravelmuse.com/ – slowly becoming my travel inspiration for next year
3. http://chirunningawaybackhome.wordpress.com/2013/03/26/clarity-along-the-way/ – fellow chi-runner juggling more in her life than I can ever imagine doing
4. http://redheadontherun.wordpress.com/ – lives locally to me (not that we’ve ever met) it’s interesting to read her point of view on places we both go to
5. http://sethsnap.com/ – the most beautiful pictures
6. http://endorphinsjunkie.wordpress.com/ – love that she chased down a dinosaur in her latest race
7. http://marathonsandmacarons.wordpress.com/ – just the owl headband alone would do it for me today, but this is a lovely blog about food and exercise – what’s not to like!
8. http://dosomethingnewchallenge.wordpress.com/ – I’m jealous that I didn’t have this idea
9. http://redhenrun.wordpress.com/ – another blog with red in the title! I invited to chi run if she’s ever in England and has a very cute orangutan picture which is what made me read her blog!
10. http://fitfor365.wordpress.com/ – John was one of my first ever followers and I love reading his blog, as well as running you get to see lots of inspirational quotes and great infographics – always worth a read/look